PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - London Battersea **!!&***!!!
View Single Post
Old 10th Oct 2006, 07:36
verticalhold

The Veloceraptor of Lounge Lizards

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HS125;

Don't forget the politics of envy. "I can't afford a chopper therefore why should he have one?" Or the politics of stupidity I bought my multi-million pound apartment right next door to one of the worlds' busiest and oldest heli-ports. Now I am going to complain like f about the noise and get it shut down." How terribly New Labour.

One of the most sickening sights around at the moment is the Mayor of Londons' ad on ITV London most nights exhorting people to get on their bikes, most of it was shot from a helicopter.

In Britain we no longer reward merit, we penalise it. To be able to afford a helicopter means one must have achieved a high level of success. That level of success comes with a huge personal price in terms of commitment to work and to other people (I'm thinking about employees here) Anybody in our business can show you that at a certain point helicopter travel actually becomes economical. At that stage the helo is not a frivolous plaything but a vital business tool.

I like Battersea, the staff are great, and I always enjoy my trips there (normally 3-6 a week) In certain wind conditions it can be a bit lively, but it is like a second home in some ways. However it is well past its' sell by date in terms of size and location. Let Ken shut it if he dares, we will just make a huge fuss for a better location. Lets face it some of our customers have huge political and financial clout, They have fought for their success he is a here today gone tomorrow politician. If he wants London to be a great capital city then he has to start thinking about facilities for business, not trying to get another 3 people off busses and onto bikes.

VH