PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QANTAS - Australia
View Single Post
Old 10th Oct 2006, 04:12
Bolty McBolt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Devil

Originally Posted by surfside6
I thought that any problem logged and not fixed became a hold item and was rectified when the A/C returned to Sydney.
So,what you are saying is that the problem needs to be re entered on the inbound sector...is this correct?.
If so,a change in the system of reporting needs to take place and CC made aware of this shortcoming.
Could you verify please.
Surfside you are quite correct make sure as many defects are written up acurately to ports where tech support is available.
In an ideal world every defect per transit would be fixed but there are factors and forces working against this. On a short transit with many defects written up the engineer has a few choices, Inop the equipment label it and log it, fix permanentlty or bandaide fix in the short time available so it operates the next sector so as not to increase CC work load, this is a very popular option I can assure you. Signed off as reset etc

Engineerings KRAs and KPIs are on time performance = no delays allowed. With this in mind think about what can be achieved on a short transit on an out station. This why I recommend CC write up the same amount of defects on their way home (where things can get fixed) as they do first sector out. Which does not happen.
Secondly if CC feel that there are to many cabin defects talk to your CSM whom then can consult with Tech crew to call the delay as engineering won't.
Its the way things are and have been forever, don't expect change as huge amounts of money are being pulled out of our budgets so it will get worse before it gets better.

QPB not sure which defect but I will look it up and PM you with an answer. Are you talking CC rest lights?