PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QANTAS - Australia
View Single Post
Old 10th Oct 2006, 02:03
Bolty McBolt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Surfside you are correct, I wasn't having a go at you, I was just pointing out via your post that some of the cabin failures are blamed by management on CC and I suggested that blaming the aircraft for CC not giving their best is not a good thing ( tradesman and tools comment)

I see an aweful lot more aircraft than you may think, whether it be on a busy outstation handling transits, doing research and stats for cabin/aircraft defects or fixing problems when the aircraft is parked in SYD overnight.

The biggest problem with maintaining cabin defects is they are not reported at the correct time eg.
Many cabin defects are written up by CC on your first sector out when you are still fresh and keen. Problem is that the transit time is about 60 mins so only minor rectificaion can be carried out by engineering or band aide solution to get the aircraft thru the next sector. When CC are on the return flight back to base tired from lack of slip time and making do with the myriad of problems that "surfside" listed. The defects are not written up into a station where the most resourses and parts are. It is as if CC are on the home straight want to get off and the passing on of defects to the engineers gets missed. This applies to L/H, London Base, S/H the lot.
If you are flying into BNE SYD MEL LAX LHR FRA go for gold the aircraft are on the gound long enough to be fixed

Last edited by Bolty McBolt; 10th Oct 2006 at 04:14.