PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emer Lights - pre flight preparation
View Single Post
Old 9th Oct 2006, 20:31
nnc0

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Emer Lights - pre flight preparation

Oh so foolishy I had asked about this same issue in the Tech forum but didn't get the kind of authouritative or experienced reponse I needed. Putting that poor decision behind me now can I ask a similar question here?

We are installing new emergency floor path lighting in our aircraft cabins. They're not electrically powered. They use a light absorbing glow in the dark material instead. I'm a bit concerned about though how the lighting is to be incorporated into our cabin procedures, specifically, for the first flight of the day. The maufacturer seems to clearly spell out that on the Aircraft First Flight Of The Day, before any passengers can be boarded, the floor strips must be exposed to full (brightness) cabin lights for a minimum of 15 minutes with all bin doors closed to initially charge them. This ensures that in the event of losing cabin lighting on the ground, the floor path lights will be charged fully and have max illumination.

Leaving the cabin lights on during boarding and keeping them on for 30 minutes before departure isn't the same thing and according to the material I've read doesn't charge the lights fully.

Does your carrier ensure cabin lights are all on with bin doors closed for 15 minutes before allowing passengers to board?