PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CS vs. Mil Pay
Thread: CS vs. Mil Pay
View Single Post
Old 9th Oct 2006, 20:25
the funky munky

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hello all just wanted to get something off my chest. My nom de guerre is the funky munky and I am a Civil Servant. When I joined back in the eighties it I saw it a vocation to serve as I physically couldn't join up (not asking for sympathy so ram it!) nowadays I feel we are lurching from crisis to crisis and the CS is the present Governments whipping boy. Why bother with policies when you can publicly blame your Civil Servants and the Daily Mail will join in with the stoning.

It is my lot in life to ensure that you lovely girls and boys stay safe whilst flying your out of date and wheezing aircraft and get the job done. You can have anything your DEC will pay for and believe me they don't like paying for much. When you put forward a good suggestion there is much sucking of teeth and the statement "Sounds like requirement creep to me!"

For this I get paid the same as a Corporal, now I agree that I do shine a chair sat a desk all day but unless you want to pay 3x the costs by getting the DA involved or placing a staff officer in place again at 3x the cost then we do represent a certain value fo money.

By the way why not ask us when our pay rise will be! The CS are working dilligently despite no repect from the public, comrades or masters, no more money and to cap it all the risk that their jobs will be relocated, downgraded or transferred to the private sector.

One very unhappy chimp indeed.

Last edited by the funky munky; 9th Oct 2006 at 20:30. Reason: Typos