PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 744 maneuvre margin question
View Single Post
Old 9th Oct 2006, 19:57
speedbird716

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Adding some questions

There are a couple of questions that came to my attention which I believe may be pertinent to this discussion with which, I hope, the experts on this forum can help. FYI, I am a sim pilot (767-300), but the person asking is real world, training on the 744. So here goes:

Yellow Band – Minimum Maneuvering Speed: What system inputs affect the maneuvering speeds or more to the point, what does the top of the band represent – besides margin to shaker or buffet? Obviously, aircraft FMC Gross Weight, and flap/speed brake configuration; but does MMS change with G-load and is there an IRS input? (I think NO, but can’t find a textual description.)

Red (brick) Band – Minimum Speed: What does the top of this band represent, besides – obviously – stick shaker speed? And is there an IRS/G-Load input to this band? Again, FMC Gross Weight, ADC(AOA) and configuration generate the limit, but what else? (I’m convinced that there is an IRS input and G-load that affect this, but again, the exact textual description eludes us at this point.)

Whatever the exact answer, it will be simple. We just have no reference for it.

Any direction you can point me to help him, I'd appreciate it.

Many thanks,
speedbird716