PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - FAA IR not for use in an N reg
View Single Post
Old 9th Oct 2006, 18:01
englishal

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
practical I did over 6 weeks and cost me about £12,000 inc test. So ballbark I would say the whole thing cost me about £15,000.
That, sadly, is why I don't have one. If you allowed £5000 for an FAA ME IR it would be a fair bet, probably much less as you already have the IMCr.

With regard to currency of your IMC - I know that possession of an FAA IR automatically allows you to add the IMC rating to your CAA/JAA licence (that's how I got my IMC rating). What I didn't know was that the FAA licence removes the requirement for the IMC revalidations. I've still been doing the revalidation test every two years!
It doesn't. However, if you do an FAA IPC (instrument proficiency check) with and FAA instructor you can re-apply for the IMCr with your cheque for whatever it is.

My IMCr lapses in November but in November I'll be off to the states for some flying. At the same time I'll do an FAA IPC with an instructor (as part of my rental checkout) and get it signed off. Once back in the UK I reapply for my IMCr and get it for another 2 years.

I could of course revalidate the IMC in the UK in the standard way if I wanted to.

don't know the answer but it's probably moot since you could just let the IMCR lapse and (as you still have the FAA IR) just send another £70 cheque to the CAA and get a new one
Actually not quite. You have to have completed the FAA flight test or an IPC within 2 years to be able to apply for the IMCr (which is then valid for 2 years from the date of test or IPC).