PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - London Battersea **!!&***!!!
View Single Post
Old 9th Oct 2006, 17:51
HS125

Location: On the right of the clowns and to the left of the jokers
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry

I must say this is typical of the UK and I despair over the state of my country. Principally I am of the view that this problem shouldnt exsist in the first place, the attitude of local and national government beggars belief.

Many clients of the London - New York Concorde service used it because it was the only facility that enabled them to conduct their business, not because of some frivolous desire to be the fastest. We must therefore assume that an individual or organisation who has gone to the vast expense of buying a Helicopter to get into London has done so having evaluated the decision and has not blown millions of dollars for a laugh. It would be crass of us not to realise this and I fear that those of us who reject the idea may have a rather short career in this industry! It therefore stands to reason that operators will swallow the charges, and pass it on to their customers in the products and services that they sell. After all you dont actually do less driving when the pump prices go up after every budget under some shady tree hugging guise, in the same way you wouldnt drive 10 times further if the theiving tax went away (in our dreams)... Ladies and Gentlemen welcome to Rip-off Britain.

I agree that there are sensibilities in the argument for restricted daily movements over increased charges but at the end of the day the fact remains, The facilities for Helicopters in our capital are inadequate; Therefore businesses based in the capital are disadvantaged as is the country as a whole on a world scale. Meanwhile our poloticians are looking at weather or not they can make the situation any worse. W s!