PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Log book question
View Single Post
Old 9th Oct 2006, 13:49
Permafrost_ATPL

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Congrats on getting the job BTW Craggs!

Cockpit chx, you said
All PF time is logged as PICUS and PM time as Co-Pilot even when line training, this was confirmed by a number of line trainers
There was a split amongst the Training Captains when I asked specifically about how to log the Line Training hours. Some said do the same as for normal line flying (Co-Pilot and PICUS depending on whose leg it is), some said no it should be logged as training. So I'm none the wiser for those 50 hours!

Ingwe, there are some major philosophical differences between JAA and FAA when it comes to logging hours (I converted FAA PPL/IR to JAA). For example, watch for the definition of PIC. In the US, I logged every hour after getting my PPL as PIC, including IR training. But as far as JAA is concerned, those hours are P2. The only time you can log PIC hours when an instructor is on board (for JAA) is for things like currency checks, new A/C checks, etc. And yes, UK operators (and the CAA) seem happy for us to log PICUS we're PF FO.

One question for everyone: do you really get all your PF sectors signed off by the captain? Would the CAA refuse unfreeze your ATPL if not signed?

Back to my Orange Tractor

P