PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - VISION THREAD (other than colour vision)
View Single Post
Old 9th Oct 2006, 12:38
not the office jnr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
sam109
I am in exactly the same boat as you. I have just come back from the opticians and found out I’m the same - am 2.5 dioptres, and from reading the CAA website, I thought that was me ruled out of getting a Class 1 – apart from the line that says “applicants who fail to meet the initial visual examination standards, but who reach the renewal/revalidation standards should contact…”, which is clearly how you have got yours??

Mine has also been the same for the past 6 years (it was caused by gouging in rugby), and I meet all of the other eye standards, but haven’t been for the full initial Class 1 experience yet.

I am going to give the CAA a call this afternoon, but would love to know more about your situation, as if you have been given a Class 1, then there is no reason why I shouldn’t either!

As for your question, just go for it mate, if your prescription hasn’t changed in 3 years (and I’m assuming you are young-ish) then why the hell not? Go and live the dream, and if your sight gets worse, at least you wont regret not going for it!

Jnr.