PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA or Virgin? Which is better?
View Single Post
Old 9th Oct 2006, 12:18
supadupafly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Correction to my previous post

Hey Scroggs, just to clarify that yes indeed I was trying to make the point that the Virgin pension is considerably better than the BARP BA one. Sorry if I didn't make that clear originally, I can only assume my brain has slowed down from flying 6 trips in the past 4 weeks. As oojamaflip states us guys in BA on the new pension scheme look enviably at the contribution Virgin and many other carriers make on behalf of their pilots. There was(is) talk that BALPA are going to try and improve the company contribution rates for BARPers as part of the upcoming pension showdown though as time drags on the focus is increasingly shifting to aiding the pilots in NAPS with little or nothing said for sometime on improving BARPs. BALPA seem to favour the view that we should all support the guys in NAPS as a priority on the basis that if BA can get away with changing their pension for the worse then we'll be next. In return BALPA will endevour to get some improvement to BARPs.

Truth be known I'd love to fly for Virgin. I think BA is a good company to work for but Virgin has to be a clear favourite for a number of reasons. I have many friends in Virgin so feel I have some insight into the differences between the 2 airlines. Just a pity that Virgin have just stopped accepting applications for the time being.... poor timing on my part... well maybe one day .. I can dream.