PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Revised Bristol/Cardiff airspace/SIDs/STARs
Old 9th Oct 2006, 10:00
Standard Noise
StandupfortheUlstermen

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well, I'm offering a new free service - Badim Tours. Yes folks, at no extra cost, you can fly all the way to Badim to see that wonderful, umm, err, reporting point, and you don't even need to tip the ATCO for the excellent level of service!
Seriously though, 23 want you on the south side of Y3 999 times out of 1000, so when you turn onto the easterly heading of the Badim Sid, it's easier to get you to fly that heading, it can (most of the time) reduce our workload and enable us to provide a better overall service to everyone.

wotans simride I'm glad you brought up the point regarding 321's getting straight in on 27 from the east. I took advice, long before the airspace change, from an old friend of mine who flies 321's and he told me it would be a problem flying a normal, stable approach unless the a/c was level at FL80 at Pomax and even then, it would be a bit of a struggle with a tailwind and the stepdowns due to new airspace base levels. This was passed on to several of our management and I have advocated the 'BRI-downwind left' route many times because of this. Unfortunately, some of our management all but told me I was talking through my ****, so it's nice to know that I and my mate were right. I should print this out and post it in the WM's office! Incidentally, if I'm going to put you toward the BRI and then downwind, I always let you know early so you can plan for it, and I have also got my current radar trainee into the same habit.

But here's one to throw back at you piloty people.......when you are coming in from the east, many of us will say "descend FL80, leave Pomax heading 250/240 etc" (this keeps you just inside CAS and puts you on a closing heading straight away), but I have noticed several times with 319's and E145's, that you miss Pomax by 3-4 miles to the south and go on to the heading which then takes you outside of CAS. Now to my question, is Pomax that hard for the compooter to find, or do you guys just hanker after the good old days of short notice avoiding action?

Last edited by Standard Noise; 9th Oct 2006 at 10:03. Reason: Edited to enable me to annoy more people with one post!!!