PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - When to give up
Thread: When to give up
View Single Post
Old 9th Oct 2006, 09:25
mad_bear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi

OK, I live in Kings Langley, which is on the remote fringes of North London, and about a 15 minute drive from Elstree, which is where I fly from.

I've had another hour in the air since my last update, making six in total I feel I did a lot better last time. I managed to taxi, take off (in perfect weather), fly around a bit, and get within about 20 seconds of landing before having to give up the controls to the instructor. So I feel I'm doing a lot better, although it still feels as if the plane is flying me, rather than the other way around.

The money problem is still a problem, however. As I said earlier, I have a fixed budget for training, and when it's gone, I won't be able to afford to fly more than once a month, if that. I have enough money in the `training kitty' to pay for 40 hours (total) of Cessna 172+instructor time. If I don't get reasonably competent by that time, I'm not sure that one hour a month thereafter will allow me to make much progress towards getting to PPL standard.

I appreciate that thinking this way leads to ruin but, being the kind of person I am, it's hard not to.

Best wishes
Bear