PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The eagle has landed!
View Single Post
Old 9th Oct 2006, 07:06
Jon Tucker

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cheers MyData, pboyall!!

Looking forward to going solo but I think I've still got some work to do on getting the approach just right. On the occasions when my approach has been good and stable the landings have seemed much easier and smoother. My instructor always says that a good landing follows a good approach, I'm starting to think he might be right!

We've been crabbing in on final, flicking it straight over the fence and then, if the wind is very strong, putting a wing down. So I guess thats a mixture of the two, or are you just talking about the very final stages?

Crabbing is quite a natural feeling for me because I've come from a rallying background where you spend most of your time going sideways but what I find tricky is the getting amount of control input to straigten it up and stay on the centre line right, without wobbling all over the place!

Anyway, now that I have a few in the bag I'm looking forward to practicing and hopefully going solo in the not too distant future although the weather may have a say in that!