PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Thomsonfly
Thread: Thomsonfly
View Single Post
Old 8th Oct 2006, 22:48
warwicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Lite
Just a couple of recruitment questions which if answered would be useful for anyone applying for Thomsonfly.com crew next year;

1/ When does recruitment take place throughout the year? From how early until how late?

2/ What chances do people have of getting their first or second base choice? Are any crews dual-based?

3/ How long are Thomsonfly's training courses? Are you trained on all types within the TOM fleet?

4/ What incentives are there & how good are they? Allowances, language payment, Thomson holidays etc.?

5/ How is morale at TOM? What's the atmosphere like?
1) Recruitment takes place at varying times depending on the winter and more importantly summer 2007 programme. Last year they started their recruitment days towards end of October/ November time and they were still having people come online as late as July.

2) I don't know about other people but I got my first base choice. Again it depends on where you go- some large bases such as MAN did not recruit as many initials as others as they have 4th year rejoiners. No crews are dual based.

3) Depending on which base you go to depends on which aircraft you are checked out on. If it is a traditional BY base you are likely to be checked on 737, 757 and 767. If it is a TOM base (dsa, cvt, boh) there is a chance you will only be 737/ 757 checked. The training course for traditional BY bases is about 5 weeks and it is a residential course.

4) Allowances at Tfly are very good at £2.78 per hour and this is for every hour spent away from base so on long haul you can really earn a far bit of money. Discounts on holidays/ flights etc vary depending on contract, what holiday you want and when.

5) Generally morale is fairly positive. There has been some negativity since the change from Britannia to Thomsonfly but with the new long haul product and fairly busy winter programme and a fair few initials getting permanent contracts after their first season morale is picking up and it is definately a very very friendly airline to work for.

Hope this helps

Last edited by warwicks; 8th Oct 2006 at 22:49. Reason: missed a word out