PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CS vs. Mil Pay
Thread: CS vs. Mil Pay
View Single Post
Old 8th Oct 2006, 22:44
Chugalug2

Received 236 Likes on 72 Posts
Originally Posted by tornadohotas
Furthermore I feel that it is about time that people started accepting that everybody, (well the majority!), responsible for the defence of this country, (whether mil or CS), do an excellent job.
I don't see how anyone other than 'mil' can be responsible for the defence of this country, unless the 'CS' has formed some latter day version of the LDV! Given the parlous state of our armed forces, thanks to the enthusiastic attentions of the CS in implementing the Great Leader's dictums and MOD Policy, their ability to defend other countries would seem greatly in question, evidenced by other threads on this forum. When, and I rather suspect not if, the defence of this country is at stake, it will be interesting to see the 'excellent job' that the CS do. Defence is about closing with the enemy and destroying him, before he destroys you, you know like the lads are doing in Sangin? What did you have in mind, minuting them to death? My job is to pay the CS. Their job is to support the Military (sorry just have to stop and repeat that). "The MODs job is to support our Armed Forces", 100 times on my desk by 9am tomorrow! Their job is to defend us!