PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bristol Flight Centre
View Single Post
Old 8th Oct 2006, 20:25
Cloud 99

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BFC

It is a massive jump and no-one will deny that. My first week doing the MEP I really though oh my god why am I here. However the instructors are a great support and you will find everyone feels the same (no matter where you train).

The good thing about how BFC do the training course is you do a 6hr MEP then have your whole IR (sim and aircraft) before you have to look at doing MEP class rating.

No matter what experience you have you will never feel fully ready to go into the courses, however you need to look at the support and atmosphere that you will get from the training provider. I and many others got through first time in minimum hours (or very close to) but again this depends on the individual-how quick they can learn and what other factors may affect them. Bristol do give excellant support and the instructors really do care about their students-not just as numbers and statistics.

The social side of things was really good when I was there (hello Uncle Funkie and Grandad Tablet!!) and you should find someone with a shoulder to cry on or go for a celebratory drink.

Hope this helps,

C99