PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Float training - initial endorsement
View Single Post
Old 8th Oct 2006, 16:39
pakeha-boy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hawk070.......
great choice for sure,wished I had stayed flying floats as I still believe it was the best flying I,d ever done.
Requirements,(hours landings) change drastically with the supply and demand of qualified pilots for sure,in the late 70,s early 80,s most operaters in Alaska/Canada required 500 hrs of "their" environment time,mainly for insurance purposes and familiarity of those operations,...times change.

When you get some time,PM me ,as I have many mates flying floats in Alaska and Canada,and as of last summer the word was....the ink wasnt even dry on some certificates and jobs were being offered with minimum time.....the work is almost all seasonal...$200-250/day.....7 days /week 14 hr days ..type of A/C Beavers,generally nothing smaller for obvious reasons.

Hopefully if you do the northern hemi run you can work legally as they are keeping a very close eye on illegals,but you will for sure get plenty of time and experience.The web sites already posted on this post are well worth the reading.Bottom line,this type of work is immensly rewarding and an absolute blast....I wish you all the best and as you will never regret it.....PB

Last edited by pakeha-boy; 8th Oct 2006 at 16:57.