PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The CTC Wings Scheme thread
View Single Post
Old 8th Oct 2006, 11:42
geturwingover

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I find it interesting that a current cadet is telling people not to talk about the selection! There is nothing you can gain from this thread that you wouldn’t from preparing for any competency based selection process, whether for a pilot cadetship or a marketing grad scheme, for example.
Pprune has been around for years, I first heard about it back when I was sitting in the old BA office waiting for my first round selection for their cadet scheme. How many CTC applicants and current cadets do you think found out about the scheme or chose to apply based on info from this very site? Quite a few I would imagine.
Secondly, CTC can't condemn preparation, as they themselves prepare cadets when they have interviews for airlines, and in the case of one airline, the have some very intimate knowledge when it comes to selection!
Thirdly, I don't think the selection has had any significant changes since its conception; the beauty of competency and teamwork based interviews is that it is based on intuitive action, and any amount of preparation can't completely conceal the actions and responses you will make in the interview stage. I have been on both sides of the fence for this type pf selection with other organisations, and trust me, it is very effective. So talk about what you like as far as I'm concerned!!
More interesting was the comment from Wing Bound Vortex about 2 distinctive types of personality on the scheme. I actually hadn't such a clear distinction, however it wouldn’t surprise me, the last company I worked for had exactly that, with a similar selection process. The basis for the distinction there was mostly on their attitude toward the company and scheme, some defined themselves on their position in the company on a prestigious scheme, and therefore developed quite arrogant tendencies, and some were just happy to be there. I wouldn’t be surprised if a similar thing was present in CTC.
The only comment I would make about this thread is that all you guys thinking about applying or who are in the selection are much more concerned about getting in than getting more details on the scheme. There are A LOT of cadets on here at various levels of training and in the airlines, who would be happy to give you very honest answers on what goes on in NZ and in the UK, job prospects, etc. So use the resource!
Try reading this for starters.http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthr...=239054&page=4