PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Highland Airways Sponsorship Scheme open!
Old 8th Oct 2006, 08:26
CRX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Puch,
While I appreciate you are anxious to get an answer you must understand a few things.
Highland have produced letters for all who attended the selections, both part one and part two.
These letters were produced by Sarah Lister who unfortunately fell ill during the week and it took a couple of extra days to complete them. The letters also needed the approval of Alan Mossman before dispatch, and he has been all over the country on business during that same week.
I can assure you that it has nothing to do with common decency nor a fear of breaking the bank! I am sure people worked hard to get there, perhaps even having to take a flight!
Everybody who attended part one was given a thorough look over and assessed against the needs of the company, and filtering was also carried out with the results of the McQuaig test. Decisions were not taken lightly.
Those who made it through to part two were considered even more carefully by several management staff and all opinions were listened to.
I don't know the final outcome as I was away last week when the sponsorship was awarded, but I am sure you will have an answer by early next week.
One of the things you will have learnt when you had your 'walkaround' of the company is that 'BA we ain't!' Sometimes things take a little longer to get done. Incidently I gave up a day and a half off to assist with the selection process, so don't tell me we can't be arsed.
I look forwards to receiving your 'rant' letter next week, however polite it is.

CRX.