PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Mid-air collision over Brasil
View Single Post
Old 8th Oct 2006, 05:02
FW-190

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It seems that american press is not giving its readers too many informations. I'm not making a personal investigation about what happenened. I'm not talking about "rumours". A guy above said the "investigation barely begun". I suppose he's joking. Everything I said was reported in the last days by brazilian authorities, that, if you don't know, are having their work followed by members of Embraer, Boeing and american FAA. And, obviously, since the investigations are not concluded, we can only have opinions and conclusions about some aspects of the accident.

But yes, brazilian authorities are convinced that Legacy pilots were responsible for the crash. Here is a yesterday link to Estadao, probably Brazil's most trustable and respected newspaper (sorry, it is in portuguese): http://www.estadao.com.br/ultimas/ci.../out/07/93.htm

Another guy on this page said that "Media coverage does not qualify as proven". He's right. And when we hear from serious media, they make it clear that they are talking about hypothesis, but when the hypothesis are proven after investigation, it becomes a fact - for example, the Legacy on FL37 instead of FL36. Also, the seven occasions Brasília and Manaus tried to contact the Legacy but got no replies, it's there on the records, proved as well!

Unfortunately, it is clear to me after some agressive posts - a guy even called me "hysterical", how great, first time I'm called that way in my whole life - that, in fact, most of you do not want to debate and clarify things. You just want to believe and make sure to deny the possibility of an american pilot making a stupid mistake and killing 154 people in another country skies.

I don't have anything to add here anymore. Sorry to disturb your factual discussion.