PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Tain Range.
Thread: Tain Range.
View Single Post
Old 7th Oct 2006, 13:42
Melchett01

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
I can't really comment on the specifics of this one, but I can comment on the general theme, having been at a not so secret installation north of Aberdeen when the decision was made to close it down.

1. The locals are complaining about the noise. Fair enough, but in case they hadn't noticed, we are fighting 2 wars at the moment with rather a lot of ordnance being dropped - I think the practice is probably justified.

2. How long has there been a range at Tain? How long have these people lived in the local area? Anybody that moves into an area with the full knowledge and understanding that there are aircraft operations on going in the area has no right to complain. It's not as if we built the range last week or kept it a secret from anyone. You made your bed, you lie in it.

3. As soon as Tain does close, the other half of the local population will be up in arms about the MOD forcing small businesses to shut, the pub going bankrupt, Mrs Miggins pie shop losing sales, the death of the entire neighbourhood. I can't see this being any different.