PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CATC.
Thread: CATC.
View Single Post
Old 7th Oct 2006, 10:57
THE FREAK

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I find this news of Hurn’s demise sad and utterly bewildering! NATS has a good (be it old) facility at Hurn, in a great location, with good traffic links and accommodation and entertainment for visiting controllers, students and VIP’s. They now intend to spend an absolute fortune in moving the set-up to either the hell-hole of Whitely, or even further a field. A move to Heathrow would be madness and would be done solely for kudos.

From what I can gather, this so-called Centre of Excellence needs to look the part as well as carry out the function required. I’m sure many would agree that the building design and fantastic site location of Hurn is far more appealing than a face-less call centre style building at the CTC, or similar facility at Heathrow, Slough, Basingstoke ….

Why not re-build and invest in Hurn. It would be cheaper than moving and creating the chaos and mass-disturbance for the students, staff and customer units.

But heh, its’ just another crappy decision from the non-ATC suits in Fimble valley!