PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What to do after Emirates?????
View Single Post
Old 7th Oct 2006, 09:47
Volant77

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
EK

Hi! I left EK a year ago and it's interesting to read about your experiences. I too thought EK was great for saving money, and I was able to buy a nice sports car when I got back, as well as not worry about finding a job straight away.

I felt the same as you really, about pax and management, and about DXB too.
Nonetheless I used to love saying I worked and lived in DBX, that sounded so exotic to the people here who have never been anywhere. And when I came back to the English weather I quite enjoyed the change of seasons and even the rain (only for a little while though!).

I certainly couldn't see myself doing a 9-5 job 5 days a week after the lifestyle I had known, so after a few months I applied to BA and got the job.
It's not the same as EK, but in some ways it is better (pax, crew, service etc...). The job is easier (and so was the training), and in a few months I should be going to exotic locations thanks to The Gatwick fleet.

Have you considered working for another airline? It is difficult working 9-5 at the same place with the same people after being crew, isn't it?