PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jetstar
Thread: Jetstar
View Single Post
Old 7th Oct 2006, 01:31
overhere

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by sebby
(disgruntled pax) one of them came up to me and shoved his boarding pass in my face and yelled "get me on this flight"... i responded "get out of my face" and he punched me. Of course he got arrested, and of course i was well supported but how was it my fault? It was noones fault, these things just happen.

I dont get paid enough to be abused or assaulted, and whats worse is that his wife had a running commentary as the police took him away - "the little fag deserved it". To which i responded "well u wont be going anywhere now will you".. lol
Perhaps the biggest problem with jetconnect then is they don't teach conflict management skills.

No offense but it's little wonder he responded the way he did with your remark, lesson 101 in conflict management is that the only persons behaviour you can control is your own. You need to guide their level of conflict to a positive level, not respond with further conflict.

Maybe what we're seeing with such low terms and conditions is not enough training and people without the life experience and training being thrown into situations they can't handle.

Remember many passengers have a great fear of flying and that fear, along with them being out of control, out of their comfort zone and often at the mercy of changing airline schedules, with the added stress of having to be somewhere for work or family in a busy and demanding society, leads them to do things out of character. I often feel sorry for them to be honest.

You don't know why he "had" to get on that flight - maybe he had the career changing business meeting the next morning, his mother was on her death bed, his wife was about to give birth, his child had just been in an accident or he just hadn't seen his family in weeks.

And you're right, he'll probably never fly Qantas again, probably through choice. Who pays your salary though? I always thought it was the passengers.....