PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - COVENTRY
Thread: COVENTRY
View Single Post
Old 7th Oct 2006, 00:05
jabird

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MOL has been asked before about CVT, and his initial reply was that FR already had ops there, which they did back in the days when they were using 1-11s. FR's recent expansion from EMA, combined with their DUB-BHX rotations, which I presume get better yields after the frequency drop, would make CVT one of the least likely places to become a Ryanairport, however quaint the terminal is! MOL's presence during the battles with the nimbys would have certainly added a bit more colour to the debate.

Wycombe, I'm no expert on the calculations, but my understanding is that an FR 737-800 would have similar probs to the LDY situation, whereas a 737-700NG, or '800 configured for short field performance might be ok. Have often wondered how many other airports out there FR could get into if they acquired a few of these models, but I don't think it would suit the way they like to move units around between their different bases.

All speculation so far has been about jet based operators, so how about some turboprops coming in? BE seem pretty focused on BHX, but WOW & RE have no presence in Midlands atm. Was RE's previous withdrawal from BHX down to yields or slots?

Could see either of these doing CVT-NQY, or RE doing KIR, SNN - even PIK as an outsider, or INV if BE don't pull their finger out?