PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Huey in Capetown (including Huey down)
Old 16th Dec 2005, 13:46
B Sousa
Gatvol

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Funny though, he admitted losing 2 out of 6 court battles. He maintains he will be flying again in a matter of days, and now owns 16 hueys!
Well, 2 out of 6 is a Plus. Dont sell him short, this guy could sell water to a drowning man.

I wonder if Fatima Shroeder (Newsie) has been made aware of this site. Maybe someone should drop a dime on her so she could add more spice to the Newspaper.
Look at it on the positive side. Next time your driving up the N1 and pull into one of those High Speed Petrol Stops, you may even see Dog Pound or LH pumping your gas....

This Huey mess has been going on for years, literally. It seriously makes a statement of conditions in Africa and which way they are going. The word is out that many will no longer do business with most SA Aviation companies unless the full amount is in the bank. Between the four threads regarding this matter, this particular subject out numbers all others. Look at SWFA, the company has virtually lost an aircraft. They will probably never see it returned in to its shipped condition. All through legal ranglings, and no doubt the use of copius amounts of fat handshakes.
Whats worse is this can be translated to almost any business in SA. I have seen others get screwed with "I mailed the check yesterday" or "I cannot understand why the check didnt clear" , " The bank should have transfered the funds"
I even have had some of my friends do this..... almost totally unheard of in my world. Once it is done those folks can NEVER do business again. Yet in SA they just smile and continue as if they dont have a dishonest bone in their body.
Courts in SA are not the answer, but where does one go. I guess if the amount is larger enough, We know the answer as the Police are so ineffective who would miss the bad guy?
Its sad to SA going this way, and Im sure unless you have been in a situation like this all is well. Its just a matter of time.
OK, off the soapbox.lets see what the next thread will bring......