PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Huey in Capetown (including Huey down)
Old 29th Aug 2005, 11:39
alwaysinverted

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The legal saga continues!

Rumour has it that Supervan intends sueing the SACAA for passing some regulation in which the SACAA will not be allowing the registration of former military aircraft for the next 2 years.

The SACAA apparently implimented this regulation specifically due to the problems they have been having with the Cape Town Huey. They lost a couple of Court cases against van der Merwe, so now it looks like they're going to have to face him in court once again.......

In the mean time the Huey works in Nelspruit on a fire contract with no airworthiness whatsoever, all of course with the approval of the SACAA.... I must say the SACAA does have a very strange relationship with the Cape Town Huey people.

This regulation it appears, are also going to screw Elvis' plans of getting his Huey here, which I believe is still under seizure in the USA.

Rumour also has it that Supervan was recently hospitalized to effect a repair to a knee cap which was taken out with a baseball bat/gun butt by one of his former......... well,..... people that don't like him toooo much.

The best part of it all is that as the rumour goes, his chief engineer, the man who's name may not be mentioned on this forum, but who is related to a jackal, set up the deal on a lonely road South East of Johannesburg, and apparently received a handsome cash reward from the man who inflicted the damage/revenge/pain on his longtime arch enemy.... Supervan!

Rumour in JHB has it that the entire assualt was arranged by the engineer and the signal to it all was the flashing of car lights and the pretence of a road rage incident. One can only but wonder where the saga with the two Gary's are gonna end.

Ten years ago they were sueing each other big time in JHB, now they're working together. I've seen strange relationships in my life time, but I find it hard to fathom out this lot.

Good luck to them!