PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Huey in Capetown (including Huey down)
Old 24th Aug 2005, 20:51
alwaysinverted

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Glimmerman-Alpha, you are not correct to say that Shaun is their Operations Manager. He is in fact the sole director, the boss, the chief pilot, the combat guru and whatever makes the place tick. He is no pilot though, although he likes to tell people that he is.

I saw the Huey in Nelspruit last week, being flown by some guy from the Fire Fighting crowd. I'm surprised to see the piece of scrap still going.

It still beats me how the SACAA could allow this. Most of its major components are allegedly timex, the engine has been changed (from big to small) and the MR Blades still have epoxy patches from previous hole damage.

Good luck to them anyway.

The Huey is a great machine, and there are potential for these machines in SA, but unfortunately the Hueys are being handled by people who have no morals, ethics or ability to conduct business honestly. (Its amazing how those 2 guys get away with all their bull.)

Rumour has it that there is going to be another Court case soon between the SACAA and Supervan. The SACAA allegedly refuses to register the other scrap Hueys that Supervan wants to fly, and this is p ing him off.

Furthermore, I hear that Supervan is now again selling franchises in the Hueys, and that the same is about to happen with the Frelons. Rumour also has it that he has already caught a few suckers this way........

Will those guys that read the AutoTrader stick to cars and forget about wealth creating schemes with helicopters...... Why don't they ever learn????

If the Cape Town Huey was like the UK Huey........ well, I would have then encouraged all to go for a flip on it, but unfortunately it aint!