PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Huey in Capetown (including Huey down)
Old 21st Aug 2005, 11:12
Ned-Air2Air

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
LH - Sorry mate can only make comments about what I saw. Didnt know that NAC have those Pumas operating outside of SA. Was only basing my observations on what I saw there on the Waterfront. Thats all.

And never said NAC was hollier than thou, just said they came across as a very professional operation. Nice facilities, machines were clean, well looked after, smooth, pilots had professional attitude and were able to put me in all the positions I needed to get in for my photos, even if we did climb up to 2000ft to shoot the EC130 in front of the mountain, and it was blooooody cold in that doorway with no door.

My concern with the Huey is that if I am not mistaken not all of the history of the aircraft can be traced, and that goes to the parts as well. If you are going to fly paying tourists in a helo, then at least be 100% sure on what you are flying them in, just my two cents worth. And what seriously concerns me is that the guy who works there blatantly explained to me how they beat the CAA, thats not a wise thing to do. If you have a loophole, then for christ sake keep your mouth shut, not draw attention to it, as I could have been someone new from the CAA for all he knew.

And for the record have never met the guy or guys who own the Huey, nor do I know any of the owners of Sport Helicopters or NAC Makana, apart from Gary and Kim whom I met on the day, oh and that sexy blonde that works in the office

Ned