PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Huey in Capetown (including Huey down)
Old 26th May 2005, 17:02
B Sousa
Gatvol

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"No Bert, you have not done your homework but instead you rely on info "spoon fed" to you by Foxtrot Mike.
Please dont insult me, my name is not XXX or whatever."

Maybe, maybe not..............you seem to know where it came from so............maybe. Could be Puddin Tame, I dont really care.

"You need to have a little more respect of the old war birds that you flew for 20 years. Over 2000 hours on these machines...you know well enough that they were the backbone of the conflict."

Nostalgia wont cut the mustard. Many Hueys out there have been preserved properly.

"All i am trying to tell Bert along with the rest of you guys is that there has been a dramatic improvement down at the Huey AMO.
Also, i mentioned that the Huey is now in better condition than ever, is piloted by a comm pilot and has a qualified engineer to look after it. "

Since you have mellowed out a bit. All I am saying is that the bottom line is that those specific airframes can NEVER ..Thats in Bold print....NEVER be properly registered without History.
Reverting back to my sarcastic self. A piece of dogsh1t with a nice paint job is still a nicely painted piece of dogsh1t..

"Why dont you guys hammer the SACAA instead?"

Yes, we could do a serious thread on that one also. They appear to be going third world faster than the third world. They certainly have lost a lot of steam in regards to this matter. If that is an example of the direction they are going then, soon they will just be a money collector for someones pocket. As I mentioned in one of these many pages, other countries will be suspect of every document with an SA origin. That will include Aircraft Registration,........and Pilots Licenses......

Guns......Sorry about insulting Tassies with no mention. We have some real good Wino stuff here in the states with names like Mad Dog 20/20, Night train etc......... Most of the folks who drink it sleep real good in the Allys..........ha ha. Someday we are going to have to get you up to Franschoek. Dinner at "The French Connection' with some wine that actually have Corks in the bottle.