PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Huey in Capetown (including Huey down)
Old 9th May 2005, 15:23
B Sousa
Gatvol

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TBSS
I do believe that PPLs have been allowed to do Parachuting etc,
if they were not compensated. That was the catch. Any work done for fiduciary renumeration requires a Commercial license.( Cavorting Cheetah will like that). This has come up here before in regards to folks in SA flying and dropping Meat Missles........
So you have been to Quincy?? Im sure must must have run into one of my employers flying his 412. www.aircenterhelicopters.com Thats another long story.
As to the aircraft not being certified, I dont think thats correct.
Lots of older warbirds have been registered as experimental, versus restricted category. Some with civilian counterparts are in normal category. DC-3s, C-54s etc. In fact in SA there are some former U.S. military aircraft registered in Normal Category.......
The Helicopters didnt have the restricted category problem until the eventual flood of Hueys etc. Remember that the B204 and the B205 were also civilian in nature, long before the military versions hit the street. Also some of the OH-6/MD-500C and TH-55/MD269 have found there way into Normal Category. That was because McDonald Douglas allowed it after an Approved Modification. Only a few mind you and now that "McDonald Douglas" is gone. That may not happen again.
Heres hoping that someday we may see some OH-58D/407 hit the street. It would require some extensive mods, but it would be sweeeeet.
For those of you into warbirds, I heard a familiar sound Sunday, looked outside to see a beautiful Silver B-25 fly over.......sure sounded good.