PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Huey in Capetown (including Huey down)
Old 8th May 2005, 17:10
B Sousa
Gatvol

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"Also heard rumours that the owner has made submissions to the SACAA to alter the C of A so that he can fly passengers, and guess what????? The SACAA is very sympathetic, and MAY consider his request.

Well if that happens, then it is clear that the SACAA can set precedents, and that of course, will open the door very wide for anyone in aviation that wants to do as he pleases without needing authority or approval from the SACAA. A circus it surely will be. "

I think from prior postings this should be of no surprise. I also can imagine that there will be some Rand transfered into some sticky little hands. That always helps with moving paperwork faster.
Its no longer a U.S. problem as its a ZS or ZU aircraft and the SACAA can do as it pleases. Passengers, Rockets, Mini-Guns only SA can rule on that. I can say that if SACAA allows this, its going to make it harder to get Airframes out of the States. And you can bet your next Beer, Big Brother is watching......That being said the German Aircraft will be acceptable in SA.
Lets wait and see what happens before we jump in the pond.