PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Huey in Capetown (including Huey down)
Old 6th May 2005, 09:39
Tormas

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb

You guys go on and on and on

I am the instructor who did the Huey conversions, you want my name email me with yours (just getting to know who you dudes are)

I might not be a Bell Test PILOT with thousands of hours experience (when do we stop learning !!!) however I am a Commercial (nearly ATP, have the subjects must just do flight test) & grade II Instructor on R22, R44, Jet Ranger, Alouette, AS350 and now B205.

So we did the conversion on a ZU Machine, sure we would all love to fly a new ZS registered and maintaned huey but ZU had 2DO. Besides its still legal and BIG BROTHER was watching.

The pilots I converted have thousands of flight and fire fighting hours, I was not there to teach them to fly just familiarise them with the machine. I myself studied the Flight and Maintenance manuals for a week before I even got into the machine (I also have a technical background) The conversions i carried out were to the best of my ability (no shortcuts no favours). We are all able to learn from each other so feel free to send me usefull information regarding flying or technical matters on the Huey so that one day I may be that PERFECT INSTRUCTOR who seems to be out there somewhere.

I play by the rules guys so dont knock me if you dont know me

Keep the game alive