PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Huey in Capetown (including Huey down)
Old 3rd May 2005, 22:14
B Sousa
Gatvol

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bladestrap...........Unfortunately those Hueys in the Cape have no documented History prior to their arrival in SA. THAT is a problem that cant be overcome..You can call them SWFA, Cadillacs, or BMW, but nothing can bring them legally back to life. Then of course SACAA seems as though they would sign off anything which only adds to the problem.
The SWFA stuff from the states has FAA approval. Questionable or not it is still approval and thats what is required in the world today. The only question that continues to haunt further import is is or is not the U.S. State Department agreeable to export Surplus Hueys be they Bell, SWFA, Garlick, East Coast or whoever is currently doing STCs.
Im hoping it will continue and that SA CAN make a dent in the Fire Suppression business. I would rather see a few Hueys with Buckets than a few hundred Bush Beaters. AND no I dont need to here its good for the economy to have folks beating out fires.
Only Bladestrap would come out with that Neighbors wife stuff........I think it was the Huey experts Girlfriend, he just wont fess up.