PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Huey in Capetown (including Huey down)
Old 30th Apr 2005, 13:25
B Sousa
Gatvol

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As one instructing or doing pilot checkouts in the/a Huey, you guys have been all over one G F.
What is the true story on this individual.
Is he an Instructor?? Someone I think mentioned he was a "Factory Rep" or something similar. What factory,certainly not Bell...
Maybe he would even like to clear the air on this matter. The invite is there.

As to the B204 Huey, it appears that the shadow of the past continues to follow. Pax on board is that shadow. Based on everything else if one wants to keep that thing going it appears the SACAA wont stand in the way. So why not do things right.
Pilot checkouts are legal,with SACAA approved instructors. Quite frankly if a Pilot is qualified with plenty of turbine time, an hour would suffice.
I am serious when I say SA Fire Management could use a fleet of Hueys. They are cheap, pretty much bullet proof as to maintaining them and easy to fly. If someone could just get word to the owners that there is a great potential if done according to Hoyle. I would bet we could see more heading to SA. AND maybe just get some OH-58s/206s for Aerial Observation
IF one wants to give rides etc. Buy a B205, paint it to look like a Huey, 99% of the idiots wont know the difference AND its LEGAL.
What part of following rules dont we understand. This thread would go away in a heartbeat if things start getting done correctly.
Irregardless of how much the SACAA may be toast, at least the Pilots, Mechanics, Owners would not be dodging bullets and wouldnt have to hang their heads in shame for flagrant violations..
There is a chance to salvage this mess.