PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Huey in Capetown (including Huey down)
Old 9th Apr 2005, 12:23
B Sousa
Gatvol

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AlwaysInverted writes "still awaiting the SACAA to come and inspect it and issue a C of A. What a shame!"

Ok, let me get this straight. You have read all the postings and you believe the SACAA will make it right by blessing it to fly??
I still can't determine from postings here whether this is a "flyable SWFA STC'd Aircraft" or the one mentioned that was built as a Museum display. Not that I have a need to know.
My guess is it will be some time before the rulings come out as to what will be allowed if anything.. Consensus on this side of the pond and based on past dealings with FAA........Someone in SA got screwed. May not be the case over there.

Someone else asked me about Huey transmissions and upgrades. As I understand upgrades etc are all under 204 part numbers on the Data Plate. That was for all Hueys powered by T53-L9, L11, or L13 engines. Some even used GE engines, mainly Air Force and some Navy. Im sure Sasless will correct my mistakes. Only when they are powered by the T53-L703 engine do they change to 209 part numbers, also requiring drive train changes.

Also as to Blade Mods. Reasoning behind that is probably that B Model Blades are more scarce than H model blades.