PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Huey in Capetown (including Huey down)
Old 4th Apr 2005, 20:45
Gunship
GunsssR4ever

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb Summary

Thanks for the info bladestrap. Yeah I was dozing me thinks

I took time out and re-read it all and my conclusion (not as judge but just as an outsider on a rumour network) are as follows : It is obvious that the owner of the UH-1B was misled with regards to the purchase of this helicopter.

It appears from the websites that this helicopter was involved in a serious accident, and was either totally rebuilt, or the data plate was changed, as the helicopter in question suffered serious damage in terms of the NTSB report. The whole thing just doesn't seems right.

The SACAA will only register it as ZU, and not as ZS, as INJECTOR previously reported.

The SACAA have also not yet issued it with an authority to fly - so its a sitting duck at this point in time. They only had permission to do the test flight as I can gather ?

Furthermore the SACAA will apply all the restrictions to it in terms of the FAA Certification, which means that this helicopter will not be able to do anything else but sling work or cropspraying. It may not carry cargo in its cabin, neither may it transport any passengers. Its certified for crew only. It may not even transport passengers in a private capacity. So the owner will not be able to fly his friends and family around. A waste - put it up a pole ath the entrance to the Waterfront and let the saga end.
Elvis has the last laugh

What a waste. I think somebody was smoking somebody!