PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Huey in Capetown (including Huey down)
Old 18th Mar 2005, 14:58
josh sitanga

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As a regulatory officer in my own country, I have followed this thread with interest. May I add my two dimes worth?

First we find the actions of the SACAA very strange with regards to this helicopter. It just does'nt make any common sense. Something is seriously wrong and the SACAA appears not to be taking any action in this case.

Secondly, I have it oin good authority from some SA officers that Mr. Gary Fox is indeed a very controversial character. Some people know him better than others, and I can assure you that I have only heard of him. (nothing good I may add)

What I do know is that his AME license from the SACAA is suspended due to misrepresentations and acts of fraud. This is correct and can be verified. He does not have a Bell 205/Huey rating, and he has admitted this to the SACAA. So I'm told by a duly authorized officer, so it must be true.

What we fail to understand here is why the SACAA Commissioner has not cancelled his license, or prosecuted him for being in command of a fly machine with no rating. In my country he would go to jail.

I think that this thread is nothing more than a dirt hanging exercise between people, and it really is not good for aviation. Maybe these people should refrain from these way of attacking each other and if they want to continue, to do so off the forum.

This is very bad for African Aviation!