PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Huey in Capetown (including Huey down)
Old 18th Mar 2005, 14:23
B Sousa
Gatvol

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Injector, Thank you for your confidence, but consider, Im just a Pilot, not an Expert...... Francois didnt drag me into this, it was the fact that I flew the thing back when it was certified.......I think, and my recomendations for some major repairs went into the S***can due to the fact it would cost money. They were and appear to still be, Safety of Flight issues. Then Kennel Keeper got in my face and I was not a happy camper. Further, Injector, we call the responses as to this particular aircraft "Spin" as nothing has be posted that would get me to believe ANYTHING to do with the Safety of Flight issues have been dealt with in accordance to the Manufacturers or SACAA specifications.
What keeps this alive is the fact that the insanity of the SA Regulatory Agency that should have the Final Word as to its flyability (SACAA), cannot do Squat about it. The total picture is that although this one Helicopter in SA, may also be indicative of the complete Aviation community there and could have long range considerations as to how the rest of the world looks at SACAA.
In other words how will they regard SAA, for example, when they are given permission to enter other countries that have a working FAA/CAA with standards.
This thread sort of wants to die, then someone throws more fuel in the fire.......Certainly is entertainment on a subject very serious.
One of Francois' main faults is he didnt let me drive his little German Toy...........It is Sweeeeet.
I dont recall Francois being those other monikers, but who knows. I think if Im correct that he has moved on, but no doubt watches a lot of the drivel here.........Hear that Francois I wanna drive that little Gem when I get back.....
Hey, keep all the smut here on this thread, its a good long running mess and the news slugs will have to go surfing to get all the trash..........
Whats the thread title on Jet Blast, cant seem to find it..........