PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Huey in Capetown (including Huey down)
Old 12th Mar 2005, 16:54
bladestrap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yo Wyatt, where's da harse you were supposed to ride into town on??

Man, this Huey story is getting good again. So much happening but no one is posting. I wonder why? Last I heard that some Huey critics were threatened and warned that they will be taken out. The big boys were gonna pay them a visit and break every bone in their bodies. Heard it happened to "Rotorhead/twomember/A340_cojock" Apparently he was beaten up and his family traumatised. Is this true???

Well fellow ppruners, here's the latest gossip from the "reliable spy down in the docks", and I mean RELIABLE! An in house man, and when this boy's had a few, he loves to talk...... big!

The Huey Company is now empowered. Its become a BE Company and they're all moving back to the Helibase again shortly. Gary Fox is the chief engineer, and he's telling the Huey members & enthusiasts that he's bought 6 Hueys in Germany, 2 ship load full of parts out the USA, and that within 2 months he's gonna have 6 Hueys flying. Well, how we would all love to see that, but then again rumour has it that Fox is renowned for not always being to economical with the truth

Furthermore, the Huey is currently out of service. Its so messed up that its gonna take at least 2 weeks to get it fixed. Apparently big problems all round. Tail boom buggered, MR blades kaput, engine suspect, but in spite of all this, the SACAA have backed them in their endeavours, and are 100% behind them. The spy says the SACAA gave them a fresh AMO. The SACAA have now also appointed a fresh team consisting of "Pula" (he's in it for the money.. pula being currency) Sakhile ( Because she's a training captain and knows helicopters very well) Peter Volland (former Luftwaffe Officer retired) and a string of colorful faces from the airworthiness department that knows everything about Hueys. (Fox alledgedly trained them.) Man this is funny! The Court cases scared the s out of the SACAA, so they decided to make peace with Gary and instead of trying to prosecute him, decided rather to lend a helping hand. They've been spending a lot of time with him trying to get his Huey Company SACAA compliant. (Whatever that means.) They've run out of legal fees and legal ideas, and their BE Legal advisors know s out aviation law. Just looking at the court cases won with costs, Gary must have made at least 2 bar out of the SACAA in the last 2 years. Man oh man, what a way to earn a living! Just sue those dumbo's.

For the rest, there is so much more to post, but I don't know if I should tell it all. Man its really exciting and captivating stuff. Mr. Moderator what do you think? Shall I post it? It is after all a rumour network.

What's the SACAA gonna come up with next? Abolish all regulations? It certainly looks like it. Just think about it! They're trying to assist a client in BECOMING compliant. That means he's not compliant, but he flies. He has no Operating License, but the CAA audit him. He does'nt have an operating license, but the CAA does a Dangerous Goods Inspection. His helicopter is not airworthy, but he flies it with no certification, insurance or paperwork, and no licensed engineer to sign it off. Man, this CAA sure looks like its gonna end up the same as those corrupt and non-functioning CAA's we know so well in darkest Africa. Well done SACAA, you're a great example!

I wonder if the SACAA are allowing the trainee pilot to fly commercially with passengers in the mean time while they assist him to become compliant as well......????

Viva South Africa, Viva Bob Mugarbage, Viva! Viva! Viva SACAA!