PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Huey in Capetown (including Huey down)
Old 20th Nov 2004, 23:02
bladestrap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The more information I get, the more concerned I get, and right now I'm kinda disgusted.

This whole issue revolves around money, and it is absolutely amazing what some folks will do for money. Its really sickening.

1. What is the first thing an instructor teaches you when you go for your first lesson? Inspect the paperwork, make sure the machine is appropriately licensed, registered, airworthy, and that all the documents are in order.

Dave Mouton, who is a DE, was in command of the Huey when it had a compressor stall and other engine related problems during a training flight, and he executed the "forced landing". The CAA should be all over him like a rash, as it is very clear here that he came to Cape Town to do the conversions for Gird, Fox and Bohnen, only for money. Gary has a history of paying people off, and one should understand here that Mr. Mouton was paid, and he gladly accepted payment to fly a helicopter that:

a. Has no C of A as it was revoked by the SACAA.
b. Is not airworthy as per a CAA report after an inspection
c. Are being maintained by a mechanic who has no qualifications whatsoever, and is knowlingly doing work and fitting parts to the machine which he knows are unservicable. (Also for money and pressure from Gary)
d. Is not on a Part 141 training license of any sort, yet Mr. Mouton is conducting training which is also contrary to the law.

The SACAA should immediately pull Mr. Mouton's licenses (Like they did with the Drban three) until he can prove that he is competent to be an instructor let alone a DE, as he evidently does not understand the law, or, deliberately broke it.... for money! What a boy!! Absolutely disgusting! No training license, non airworthy machine..... Gee, what a boykie! Total disregard for the law. Nail him SACAA, Nail him!

Rumour also has it that "patches" flew off the main rotor blades, as the blades were patched prior to fitment. Man this is criminal

So,.... it now appears that the Huey has really gone backward in condition during the past few months, and yet van der Merwe is of the opinion that there is nothing wrong with the machine and that it will be flying again in a few days. The SACAA should lock the Huey away in a hangar, and throw away the key to the lock. It has now become an accident waiting to happen, which will severely damage the Cape Town helicopter scene, should it happen.

I'm really disgusted at what these so called professionals are getting up to.

And Mr. Fox???? He's in line for a conversion...... this after he flew the Huey last year without a rating, and to date has still not satisfied the SACAA that he had a rating. I mean... if he was rated like he said he was, why was Mr. Mouton meant to give him a rating??? The whole thing stinks, and I hope that the SACAA this time will have the balls and the courage to deal with these jokers. Put them away!!!!