PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Huey in Capetown (including Huey down)
Old 28th May 2004, 13:43
Kennel Keeper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
To Prospector

You appear to show the same mentality or approach as the SACAA in condeming the Huey without actually knowing anything about it.

Again the facts are that all the condemnation of the Huey by CAA is as a direct result of hearsay evidence!! This evidence from one Elvis who died some time ago.

The Huey in question does have all the required time recordings and cards as required and has also had all the AD's done including the tail boom mod!!

I still thank goodness someone had the guts to allow NTCA aircraft to fly in this country. Its just a pity that a few jealous people are trying to spoil it for all.
I say this not as a Huey fan but also in defence of other projects and flying clubs involved with kit planes who may as a result of this be closed or curtailed. This could also include museum flying.

I can also state clearly that some of the certified large passenger services flying out of Africa operate (certified)machines which could kill a lot more people than 10 Hueys could!!! I know, been there flown them!