PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Airbus v B757
View Single Post
Old 6th Oct 2006, 15:36
MR SEABASS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
120, well done on passing selection. I joined the Airbus fleet earlier this year, having been given the option to delay a contract issue pending a 757 course. As it turned out I probably would have got a course a few months later but didn't want to risk it. I would echo the points about seniority, not just within the company but also within the fleets. You are likely to move off the bottom of the list far more quickly on the Airbus than on the 757, due to the large movement rate from the airbus fleet onto longhaul types at the top end of the list. You could be at the bottom of the 75/76 lists for longer, meaning more blind lines and weekend working etc. So, as ever, it comes down to your priorities. If you don't mind your fleet seniority staying lower but really want the chance for longhaul opportunites then the 75/76 might be worth holding out for, but if you want to gain bidding power and some control of your rostering earlier then the Airbus is probably a better option. Hope this heps. PM me if you want any more specifics.