PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flight schools for Londoners?
View Single Post
Old 6th Oct 2006, 14:31
girl friday

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Flight schools for Londoners?

Hi All

As you can see i'm fairly new here so please don't bite if i've missed something really obvious here!

i currently live in London and have just recently had my first flying lesson - hurrah! i took the lesson up in yorkshire whilst staying with my parents (St George's at Durham Tees Valley) but am trying to find out where i could start on my ppl down here. i don't own a car, and i realise that i may have to move out of london just to be able to afford to start down the long training road (final goal is fATPL. well, preferably followed by a job i suppose!) but a lot of googling and searching on here and i'm struggling to find anything that's acessible.

ideally i suppose i'd like to do my ppl at a school that i could continue on to cpl etc with, but realistically i suppose i may go abroad for the rest of my licence (from what i've read on here) for financial reasons.

So, to get to the point! Can anyone tell me where i can find a list of all the schools that provide this type of training in the UK, where i could find the london options? or does anyone have any personal recommendations? is it going to be a nightmare getting anywhere without my own transport around here?

Might i be better biting the bullet and moving back to my parents (at the ripe old age of 26) to carry on up there? (please please say no)

thanks very much - very grateful for any help received

Girl Friday
x