PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gulf Air - Wannabes & Recruitment
View Single Post
Old 6th Oct 2006, 13:23
NooNoo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm sorry but what utter nonsense you are talking!!
I don't know what sort of job in the UK would leave you worse off than working for Gulf Air.

It is true that you can live very cheaply in Bahrain, and thats great, however, for those of us who chose to have a life outside of BJs and JJs (the main bar and nightclub where free drinks are on offer most night), "Pocket Money" does not suffice!!

As for the issues that a lot of people have with Gulf Air as an employer. I don't think that it is as simple as a matter of 2 many Bombay t-arounds!! This is part of the job, and although the pax on these routes can be a little trying to say the least, this is all part of the exprience.

In my experience, the problem is that Gulf Air do not deliver what they promise to their employees. In terms of money, holiday, accomodation and working conditions, i.e. 3 crew to care of 257 economy pax!

I just think that people should be aware of what they are getting themselves into before they go. Much lighter workload, better pay and decent working conditions with many UK airlnes.

Grrr.