PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - World Helicopter Beer Opening Championships
Old 6th Oct 2006, 12:45
topendtorque

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hmmm
the tops do seem to come off in strange fashion, almost like against a spring loaded bias. If that's the case then the committed upward heave as witnessed is explained.

I didn't think the crash report would start with 'dynamic rollover', more like, "unfortunately and very unexpectably the bitumen rose up and smote my t/r??????????"

I note also some choreography akin to some of the leading test cricketers who have the uncanny habit of expressing their four lettered dismay at juuuussstt missing the big shot juuuuusssstt as the camera mounts their easily read expression, in full stride, on the arena big screen.

May be next comp like this we will also see wide open mouthed gum chewing better than the like of tubby taylor, or, a very average NZ mountain goat.

Having said that and in the full knowledge that Darwin is host to base pilots of a few big international offshore operators, not to mention the hub of a burgeoning cattle industry which employs some fifty or so pilots - and also-- drum roll--- as part of the NT of OZ the holder of the dubious record of the highest per-capita beer consumption in the world, I am amazed that one of those northern dudes hasn't scoffed at the comp as something that only sober pilots would fall about doing.