PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Excel Airways
Thread: Excel Airways
View Single Post
Old 6th Oct 2006, 09:53
fxbat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My .02$
Excel is a good company. The line Cap’s I have flown with (management included) were more than helpful no attitudes just normal people going to work. There are a couple of wieners but the majority are very relaxed and easy to get a long with. The trips are mostly good. (excluding sharm, and all night ter)
I have made the effort to introduce myself to the 75/76 crews and they have been nothing like some of the posts would have you believe. There worse. No just joking there grate. one crew even gave me a tour of the mighty 76. I only got nervous when he kept calling me Timmy and asked if I liked gladiator movies.
The only real problem I have is scheduling, 100 in 28 is a goal. We are short captains and fo’s so they make everyone pick up the slack. They don’t relies it just burns more out and we keep getting shorter and those that are left have to carry the load. The thought process is to hire full time so this doesn’t happen again next year and I hope it works.
This link is accurate for pay scales and contact info: http://www.pilotjobsnetwork.com/fact...3h521ggcusvrhe

Excel still doing joint work with Miami Air?

Yes, But it is not Excel crews, they send storm contractors that have green cards or the right to work in the US. I have asked about it and a lot of people don’t think it is fair on both sides of the pond. I think BALPA is looking into making some changes.

Last edited by fxbat; 6th Oct 2006 at 10:03.