PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - guns and heli pilots
View Single Post
Old 6th Oct 2006, 06:32
HFT

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Have flown many hours on pest destruction mainly wild pigs, in a R22 and R44 the R22 is better for the shooter as the door is better positioned than the R44 which is more forward of the shooter. 44 is better for power of course, but a light Beta2 is not too bad. Also it is easy to put a foot step on the R22 but a problem on the 44 the step helps the shooter get further out to shoot behind the ship.Either way once lined up 2m above the swine kick in pedal to align the gun better for swing and pull trigger. Used a browning A5 with double sg's (16 pellets).If the shooter is a good shot use sg's. 5 shots away call 'load load load" max torque turns x2 shooter loads while pilot musters pigs back together. Go in for another run. This is the best flying bar none in my opinion, fast, lots of things to go wrong, trees, fences,gunpowder, and dead pigs. Doesn't get much better. Probably breaking just enough laws to make it interesting, I think there are 14 rules that apply and I can't imagine being able to satify all of them all the time. 258 pigs in one afternoon was the best day and 1051 in 4 days was the best tally. Wore the first A5 (8,000 shots)out and now on the second. Accused one day of allegedly shoot some ground hunter that we didn't see but just a case of envy.