PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Blue and the CAO48 Exemption
View Single Post
Old 6th Oct 2006, 02:39
sprucegoose

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am reluctant to comment on things I don't have first hand info on. Also I am reluctant to comment on matters that may be in a state of flux as my spin may not be accurate and that would be unfair to our negotiators. It's not like Pprune is hardly watched!!

We are being enticed to change our work rules to a modified version of CAP 371. It works in 28 day allotments of flying. Therefore there will be 13 roster periods in a year as opposed to the 12 calendar periods we currently have. We are being told that VB want an average of 850 hours per year from the pilots. An overtime payment scheme has been mooted (I say mooted because it is all moot until we get something to vote on). We are looking at a new roster building software program which apparently is capable of roster efficiencies well above that of SABRE. Apparently. Our negotiators have worked very hard to arrive where they presently are and the job is not done. Its not my place to second guess any of the behind the scenes goings on, at least not on this web site. We have our own internal pilot forum web site and the discussions are more "open" than here. QF may or may not know anything. Everyone has friends in the business, some friendlier than others. Who knows what gets discussed at pissy corporate lunches. VB would be the least of QF's pilots concerns. They have Jetstar. Thats concern enough.

Last edited by sprucegoose; 6th Oct 2006 at 02:54.